Use of Nexmo’s U.S. and Canada Short Code Services (“Short Code Services”) is subject to these Supplemental Terms (“SC Supplemental Terms”).
1. Short Code Services. Network operators supported by Short Code Services are identified on the Reach List which may be updated by Nexmo from time-to-time. These SC Supplemental Terms shall remain in effect until terminated by either Customer or Nexmo upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice.
2. Message Pricing. U.S. standard SMS-MT pricing for Short Code Services listed on the Site does not include carrier pass-through fees, which are charged separately. Nexmo reserves the right to increase pricing for mobile-originated messages (“SMS-MO”) received via a Canada-dedicated short code following a month in which the SMS-MO volume exceeds 60% of the aggregate (i.e, SMS-MO and SMS-MT) SMS volume for such short code.
3. Monthly Fees for Dedicated Short Codes. The first three (3) months of fees for dedicated Short Code Services must be paid in advance. Subsequent three-month periods shall also be payable in advance and are non-refundable upon payment.
4. Shared Short Codes. In addition to circumstances set forth in the Agreement, Nexmo may be required to re-assign Customer’s shared short code, including where the short code has been suspended due to another shared user’s activities, where Nexmo’s supplier has otherwise ceased providing access to the short code, or as reasonably required to improve deliverability and quality of traffic.
5. Cancellation of a Dedicated Short Code. Customer may cancel its dedicated short code upon termination of these SC Supplemental Terms on thirty (30) days’ written notice prior to termination, subject to the following requirements:
a. Customer must be up-to-date on payments for all Services as of the date of notice; and
b. Other requirements that Nexmo may reasonably require.
6. Porting-Out of Dedicated Short Codes: Customer may port-out its dedicated short code (but not shared short code). Nexmo is not responsible for and shall have no liability for technical or procedural difficulties or delays in the port-out.
7. Representations and Warranties. Customer represents, warrants and covenants that:
a. Customer will provide complete and accurate information to Nexmo in connection with Customer’s application for and use of the Short Code Services as reasonably requested from time to time.
b. Customer will not use the short codes in any manner inconsistent with any keywords approved by Nexmo for Customer’s use-case or information Customer provides, use the short codes provided outside of the permitted functionality of Nexmo’s platform, or otherwise circumvent the input restrictions or other limitations of Nexmo’s Short Code Services.
c. Customer’s use of the Short Code Services shall comply with industry best practices, applicable wireless carrier requirements (including, but not limited to, with respect to Nexmo’s dedicated short codes, all requirements applicable to user opt-ins, opt-outs and consents to receive messages), and applicable laws and regulations, including the CTIA Guidelines and Acceptable Use Policy, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Federal Communication Commission’s Customer Proprietary Network Information rules and regulations, the iconectiv short code policy, and rules and regulations promulgated by the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association.
The foregoing requirements shall be deemed incorporated into the AUP for purposes of the Short Code Services.
8. Frequently Asked Questions. For additional information regarding our U.S. Short Code Services, please contact us at:
501 2nd Street #310
San Francisco, CA 94107
Effective Date of these Supplemental Terms: March 3, 2015