We’re so excited to announce the launch of our new developer champions program, Vonage Voyagers.
Through our community and event support program, developer education activities, and online platforms, we’ve had the pleasure of meeting many developers from around the globe who use our APIs. We’re constantly amazed by the ways they use our products to build communications into their applications and inspire their communities to do the same. We decided it was time to build a deeper connection with our community as well as reward and recognise our valuable contributors.
Who Are Vonage Voyagers?
Voyagers are enthusiastic members of the Vonage developer community. They use Vonage APIs to build awesome applications across various platforms and languages, that impact their teams and communities. They keep up to date with the latest API developments, and they’re eager to share their learnings with others.
Vonage Voyagers is a one-year program for developers who want to get their hands on new communication technologies first and be part of a group of like-minded peers who support and learn from each other. It’s an opportunity for us to reward and recognise the valuable contributors in our community; those who write or stream content, provide feedback on our documentation, help others on online platforms, and do many other inspiring things.
What Do Voyagers Do and What Benefits Do They Get?
As an official member of the Voyagers crew, you can participate in online hackdays to provide product feedback, create content showcasing how you’re using Vonage APIs together with other technologies, contribute to our Open Source projects and provide feedback on developer documentation and more. We also want Voyagers to let us know how we can support their developer communities.
In return, you’ll get access to:
- Pre-release products
- Mentorship and learning opportunities with Vonage developer advocates, product managers, engineers and more
- Training to improve your content creation skills and access to our platforms to expand your reach
- Cool limited edition swag
- An invitation to an exclusive Voyagers Summit
This is just the beginning, who knows what other opportunities may come about in the future.
What Are the Requirements to Participate in the Program?
To participate in the Vonage Voyagers program, you must:
- Be fluent in written and spoken English (we’ll use English in all program communications, but other languages are, of course, a plus!)
- Be over 18 years old and have a Vonage API account
- Show how you’ve used Vonage APIs to create content for your peers or to build communications into your projects
- Demonstrate expertise within a specific developer community
- Display empathy and understanding when trying to help others grasp technological concepts or solve issues
If you have any questions about the program or want to learn more about becoming a Voyager, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in applying? Submit an application form!
Have someone in mind you’d like to nominate? Complete a nomination form.