Building a Chat App Channel
Nexmo Chat App API enabled KLM to communicate with its customers on WeChat, and seamlessly integrate their chat app communication into their existing customer service workflows in Salesforce Support Cloud.
The integration between KLM, Nexmo, and Salesforce marks the first time a brand has managed global WeChat customer communications in Salesforce via an API.
While the immediate benefit was to integrate WeChat, Nexmo Chat App API was compelling for KLM because it offered integration to multiple chat apps with a single, agile API.
Adding Facebook Messenger with Chat App API
KLM also offered its customers relevant flight information on Facebook Messenger, including booking confirmation, check-in notification, boarding pass and flight status updates. Since KLM already integrated with Nexmo Chat App API, the company easily added Facebook Messenger to its Salesforce Support Cloud dashboard. This allowed KLM service agents to quickly respond to support inquiries.
KLM has seen impressive success using Nexmo’s Chat App API, and continues to be a leading social customer service innovator:
- Increased operational efficiency – a single system for customer support agents resulted in an improved agent experience, consistent training, and allowed for consistent reporting
- Seamless social messaging communications – by integrating multiple chat app communications into existing enterprise service workflows, KLM saw increased agent efficiency and decreased response time
- Increased brand engagement – positive, active user feedback on WeChat and Facebook Messenger created customer stickiness and increased brand engagement
- Contextualized customer communications – with Salesforce connected to all other systems within KLM, this made it possible for agents to understand the context of every conversation, thus improving the overall customer experience
- Synchronized data intelligence – a centralized social care dashboard allowed KLM to better monitor and learn from their engagement and response data